You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Ask about bengal

Should Politics be banned from Educational Institutions - Part II

Hi,

This is probably the first time I had to re-initiate one of my earlier posts. You can follow this link to read the earlier post and your comments made thereof: http://www.bengalspider.com/forum/597-Should-Politics-be-banned-from-Educational-Institutions.aspx

This seems to be very relevant with what transpired at the Rabindra Bharati University today. Now, the victim had to be an employee of this Educational Institution. Though it is too early to jump to any kind of conclusions, it is important that we need to take an immediate call.

Let us be very clear about this: an educational institution should not be a place for any kind of violence - irrespective of scale or type or anything. You can call it in any name but violence is always a violence and should be condemned in as many strong words as it could be.

Let the educational institutions not be a breeding ground for our law makers of tomorrow. Rampant politics in our college campuses have already eroded the basic resources which are required for building up a nation.

I would personally love to see all educational institutions being freed from any political traces from tomorrow itself. I do not know if the current government will be in a position to come up with a referendum in this regard as it would require a strong political will for an individual, who herself has been a part of students' politics in her youth.

Let me know your views and do try to bring about your feelings as what we should loose or gain if such a step is ever taken by the government, in your replies to this post.
    Politics should be banned from Educational institution otherwise the college violence will never stop, which has happened in Rabindra Bharati University today.

Regards,

Pradipta

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.