You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General Updates

Companies free to decide on ceo pay

Hello Friend,
    Today Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said that now goverment is not in favour of any move to restrict remuneration of CEOs, saying it was best left to the boards of companies to decide on CEO salaries. Do you think it is a sign that India is overcoming recession ?
    With best regards,
    Sunil Saharan
    Working for an ideal and peaceful society.
    Sunil Ji,
    It's been an announcement of the month from PM for all of the CEOs and would be CEOs. They can now bargain their salary package by showing their talent and experience. They are not bound to a fix range of salary any more.
    As you have asked about recession. I think, Yes. We can think that gradually companies are overcoming the reccession factor. Hoping for the best situation in the professional market.

Thanks

Dear Sunil,

Recession is a part of economic cycle and it is bound to be back in the normal stable equilibrium condition, as we can observe from the Indian market that in case of sensex and nifty both are showing an increasing trend in the last three month but I think there is panic in the market for which the indexes are little bit fluctuating in the short term but in if we analyze the trend will show growth .

In the other aspect of the economy we can see that the inflation rate has also improved.

In case of the remuneration of CEO's, I think its a gossip for passing time that has nothing to do with the recession. The fat salaried CEO's are talented enough to deserve that. We should not forget that we are living in a capitalist society .

In my view in a country like India the old bureaucratic corrupted governments and public sectors need to be reformed and restructured for economic upliftment.

Regards,

Arijit Dhar

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.