You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestions and Feedbacks

Posting Syllabus Oriented Educational Articles

To
    The Webmaster
    Or Whom It May Concern

College and University examinations are coming close all over India. As I have seen (and also done myself to some extent), students like to get some ready materials for their exam preparations on the web during these months. I think if we post some similar articles in BengalSpider, it will get more traffic. Also, it will be a great help for the student members. Posting such contents in BengalSpider would not mean less time for their studies, but a review of their own lessons in the syllabi.

Nevertheless, this can lead us to a increased number of copy-pasting. I would like to suggest some guidelines:

1. The authors have to make sure NOT TO COPY ANYTHING from any other websites. Instead of points and cash credits, any article found and judged by the editors as copy-pasted will be deleted. Also, repeating this will ban the BengalSpider membership of the author concerned.

2. Only self written articles would be approved. Since this is related to the academic careers of a number of students, I would request the authors as well as the editors to post or approve only accurate articles with correct grammar and spellings.

3. The author must testify in the title or in the summary that the subject of the article is common to the syllabi of most Bengal colleges and universities.

4. The authors will not be permitted to include any external links in their articles. As per the BS rules, only one link per resource can be posted as a footer. In these educational contents, those links must be to the widely known and scholarly sites like ProjectMuse, JSTOR, Project Gutenberg and so on. Coming up with irrelevant links will lead the article to rejection. SPAMMING WOULD NOT BE ENTERTAINED in any condition.

5. If this plan of attracting students works well, BengalSpider may think of having a different category in future, or who knows, may even of a different page?

I request the webmaster to poder over this. As examples, I have posted two resources in the Knowldge Sharing >> education category. Since I am a student of English literature, I have posted materials on Beckett's Waiting for Godot and Webster's The Duchess of Malfi. These two works are masterpies of English literature and are taught in almost all universities in Bengal, including CU, RBU, JU and BU.

Am I permitted to post this kind of resources, or should better discontinue with the practice? Did I categorise right?

Regards,
    Kumaraditya Sarkar
    Hello Kumaraditya,
    Good idea to serve students online by providing online Study Materials of recent Syllabus of Schools, College courses.

I am requesting the members to follow the below mentioned steps during Article Submission of School/College/Other Course Syllabus oriented:
    1. Make sure that you mention the Course Name (M.A. in English Literature Part-1 etc)
    2. Mention the School/College name (like Study Material of Ramakrishna Mission Class-11 English Syllabus).
    3. And most importantly follow basic resource posting guidelines.

@Kumaraditya,
    Editors have made few changes in your article to relate that with West Bengal. As BengalSpider.com is an website of West Bengal, so articles/postings not related to Bengal will be deleted.

Whenever you post some Articles on Syllabus oriented study materials; try to mention and try to relate that with West Bengal by giving informations like - Course Name, Name of the School/University in which its taught etc.

Check your Articles and figure out little changes to relate them with Bengal:-
    1. The Duchess of Malfi by Webster
    2. Christian Elements in Waiting for Godot

If you still have doubt, lets clear them out...

Thanks

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.