You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Bengal Updates

Members Please Check Out Today's Telegraph

A house rich with the memories of Bengal Renaissance giants like Rabindranath Tagore, Gaganendranath Tagore and Abanindranath Tagore is simply getting ruined day by day for the lack of care and Government enterprises. Presently it has become nothing more than a shelter for antisocials and drug addicts. Who know what awaits next...

This is located just a few paces away from the Dunlop More, a busy crossing in the North suburbs of Kolkata.

For long I wished to write articles and shake off people's complacency about this heritage site. I also gave a speech in one of the programmes of my little magazine Somoyer Shobdo, but little succeeded. The detailed feature in The Telegraph (dated 26th April, 2010, that is today) hence naturally tunred me ecstatic.

I request every single member of BengalSpider to go through the article and spread the word. Let us strive together to save this heritage of Kolkata!
    Congratulations Kumaraditya for this excellent achievement.

Members you can check or Read The Telegraph Newspaper Online through Telegraph Newspaper online.

We are proud to have a member like Kumaraditya.

All the best for your future..

Thanks

Anindya Da

I think you have misunderstood the thing... I did not write the feature myself, only I am ecstatic because what I ever dreamt of bringing into limelight has finally been highlighted by The Telegraph.

I am proud since such a heritage only a few minutes from my home has finally got the public attention!

Thanks a lot anyway for your prompt reply.

Regards,
    Kumaraditya Sarkar

Regards,
    Kumaraditya Sarkar

YES, MR. ADITYA,
    YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. THE HISTORICAL PLACES OF BENGAL NETHER GOT GOOD DEVELOPMENT NOT ANY SECURITY PROTECTION FROM GOVERNMENT THESE DAYS. STATE GOVERNMENT SHOULD THINK ABOUT THIS TO RETAIN THE POPULARITY AND HISTORICAL PROPERTIES TO MAKE THEM TOURIST SPOTS.

Regards,
    Snehasish Roy
    Siliguri, West Bengal

Thanks Mr Snehasish!

I do not think that the Government will do anything, either in the state or in the central level, unless we spread the words about such forlorn places tucked in remote corners all through our country. It is our responsibility to stir the complacency of the people and the government alike...mine and yours...

Regards,

Kumaraditya Sarkar

Regards,
    Kumaraditya Sarkar

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.