You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Ask about bengal

Greatest Living Bengali

Hello friends!

Whom do you consider the greatest living Bengali, inside or outside Bengal, including Diasporas, at the present time? Is it Manna Dey or Amartya Sen? Sourav Ganguly or Dibyendu Barua? Bula Chowdhury or Jhulan Goswami? Arundhati Ray or Amitav Ghosh? Mamata Banerjee or Joy Goswami? Or anyone else? Someone from the literature or from the cinema? Playgrounds or Politics?

Please do not finish by mentioning only the name. Write a few sentences on the reason of choosing that individual as the greatest living Bengali.

Regards,

Kumaraditya Sarkar.
    Sorry to say you that I can't take a single name as every Bengali for me is doing their responsibility whether towards their family or towards the State or towards the social works.

Each and every one fighting for existance; except Bhagwans like Lokenath Baba, Ramakrishna Deb and Vivekananda all are getting paid high amount for their work.

So, for me, those are great living legends who cares for their family and parents.

Regards,
    Snehasish Roy
    Siliguri, West Bengal

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.