You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Ask about bengal

Your Favourite Bengali Channel

Hello Friends!

What is your favourite Bengali TV channel? Is it a news channel, or a movie channel, or a horoscopic or general one?

Please share your views.

Regards,

Kumaraditya Sarkar.
    I can't think of one single Channel name as my favorite Bengali TV Channel. There are some TV Programs that I follow in different Channels. Some of my favorite TV Channel with TV Show / Serial name:-

1. Bengali TV Channel ZEE Bangla - Mirakkel Akkel Challenger
    2. Bengali Television Channel Star Ananda & 24-Ghanta for Bangla Khabor.
    3. Bangla Entertainment Channel Sangeet Bangla for Bengali Tollywood Film Songs and Gossips.

Share your Views...

Regards,
    Snehasish Roy
    Siliguri, West Bengal

Hello Snehashis!

Well, your top favourite TV channel and programme actually corresponds with mine. I am also a big fan of the "Mirakkel Akkel Challenger" in ZEE Bangla. Star Ananda was also my favourite news channel but I found them often deviating from their standpoints. Sometimes, say after the huge success of Mamata Banerjee and Trinamool Congress in the last Assembly election, Star Ananda presented itself as a big follower of TMC. After a few months, they turned a bit pro-Leftist. Now with the municipal elections approaching, they seem to go back to their rightist position.

Kolkata TV and Tara News are presently my favourite news channels.

During my first year at the graduation I watched Sangeet Bangla regularly since one of my friends, Saloni, was there as a VJ. After she had departed my interest gradually lessened.

Sometimes I watch "Ekhane Akash Nil" in Star Jalsa, solely because one of my ex-friends acted there. We were best friends from our childhood till I had to leave her as situations demanded so. I got to be rude with her, though I am not sorry and she has got what she deserved. Nevertheless, I still feel for her, hence switch on the TV to see her acting.

Also, DD Bangla is my alltime favourite since it is a complete projection of West Bengal for all kinds of Bengali watchers irrespective of their classes and conditions.

Regards,

Kumaraditya Sarkar.

Regards,
    Kumaraditya Sarkar

Sorry for missing the Doordarshan, the oldest ever Television Channel, DD-Bangla.

Since, TV Serials used to lengthen a small story in to bigger one and shows at least 40% of Ads; I generally not addicted to TV Serials like 'Bou Katha Kou', 'Neel Akasher Niche', 'Bamakhyapa', 'Premer Kahini Ramkrishna', 'Khana' etc. Though all these serials been watched regularly by my parents.

Regards,
    Snehasish Roy
    Siliguri, West Bengal

Hello Snehashis!

Well, I do not watch serials too; as I have said above I sometimes switch on to "Ekhane Akash Nil" since one of my best ever friends, with whom I have parted for various reasons, acts there. Seeing her sometimes turns me nostalgic...though we do not talk to each other any more. Even today we met at the metro but hardly recognised each other.

Regards,

Kumaraditya Sarkar.

Regards,
    Kumaraditya Sarkar

I am a news-eater..!!! Thats what my Mother told me "Khobor khachchis naki?". And when there is any national events like Election or any Lalit Modi-alike scam..I just tuned into these News Channels - Star Ananda, Kolkata TV, 24 ghanta..no discrimination :) ..Except that Cooking-show like Rannaghar, R-O Rannaghar, Radhuni, etc.are also my favourite..!! Sangeet Bangla and Tara Music are my favourite too, I am a huge fan of Bangla Bands ..!! Band-e-mataram has been one of my favourite show..!! Quiz programmes are also my favourite..Buddhi-juddha and Yog-biyog are in my playlist.. Even one quiz programme in Akash Bangla where Barry o Brien was the quizmaster..I cant remember the name..is my favourite too..!! I like Mirakkel too..!! Serials..frankly speaking I hate it..more or less all are same. But recently I am watching "Ogo Bodhu Sundari"..it is quite different..atleast less-complex..!!

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.