You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Ask about bengal

Is it safe to go out on Sunday,30th May'10, the election day?

One of my relatives met with an accident and he is at a very crucial stage of his life. I need to be with him during this crisis.
    So I have to go and see him on weekends,i.e, Saturday and Sunday.
    The place where he is admitted is little far off and outside Kolkata.It may take 3-4hrs to reach there.
    Is it safe to go there on Sunday,30th May 2010 , the election day. I am little scared to go out on that day because I suppose that Kolkata will not be safe on that day.But I have to go. Can you suggest me on this.
    Hello Avik,
    Since, many private Buses, Cabs are taken for Election Duty; the journey won't be that easier. Try to avoid 30th May 2010 for any sort of long distance travel by cab (Roadways).

Thanks

Hello Mr. Avik,

Do you have a bike? If you have, it will be easier to reach your destination for you can easily change routes whenever and wherever you like. If you do not have one, why do not request one of you biker friends to give you a ride? If not possible at all, then follow what Mr. Anindya has told you to do; get a cab.

Regards,

Kumaraditya Sarkar.

Regards,
    Kumaraditya Sarkar

Kolkata is all time safe for commuters and tourists as compare to other cities in india.

The Kolkata Corporation election day was safe to go out and move in and around Kolkata.

Local peoples of Kolkata are cooperative for the new visitors' safety and securities in addition to 24 hours services rendering by India's most efficient organised police forces of Kolkata Police.
    Kolkata residents and outside visitors can move freely around kolkata city during 24 hours.

Hello friend,

I think now a days the security and involvement of central government in the election had made it very easy to make the election happen in very peace way , so i will suggest you not to worry at all, but be careful and You should have some convention and don't depend on other options like auto, they will not run on 30th of may.

With Regards
    RKD
    Proud to be a BengalSpider Member

Mail Me: rkdnet@gmail.com

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.