You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellanous

Mathematical Tricky Tips and Puzzle

Puzzle-1
    What mathematical symbol can be put between 5 and 9, to get a number bigger than 5 and smaller than 9?

Puzzle-2
    How can I get the answer 24 by only using the numbers 8,8,3,3? Tips: You can use the main signs add, subtract multiply and divide

With regards
    Hint

1) Very easy

2) Arithmetical solution

Snehashish & Suvo must have a try

With regards

Sanjeeb

Hello Sanjeeb,
    These questions are really hard and I have think many times and could even find the right answer.

As per me the Answers will be:
    Puzzle 1 -- 5 > 9
    Puzzle 2 -- (Root of (8 x 8)) x (Root of (3 x 3))

If these answers are wrong then please let us know the right answers.
    Thanks.

Regards,
    Snehasish Roy
    Siliguri, West Bengal

Hi Snehasish,

Its great that you tried the questions. The answer of the first question is not clear to me but the answer of the second question is correct, although there are other answers too.

The answers are as follows :-
    Puzzle 1 :- The mathematical symbol that can be put between 5 and 9, to get a number bigger than 5 and smaller than 9 is a decimal i.e, 5.9

Puzzle 2 :- 8/(3-8/3)
    = 8/(1/3)
    = 24

Regards

Sanjeeb

Thanks for sharing the Correct Answers. Feeling great that atleast I achived 50% mark by answering one right answer.

1st one is very Tricky. I never thought of putting a '.' symbol. My Answer was 5 > 9 (Greater Than Sign) which also outputs number greater than 5 and lower than 9.

Are you Bengali? If yes then can you share a small article on 'Jamai Sasthi'?

Regards,
    Snehasish Roy
    Siliguri, West Bengal

Hello Sanjeeb Ganguly,

@ Solution of Puzzle 1 :- The mathematical symbol that can be put between 5 and 9, to get a number bigger than 5 and smaller than 9 is a decimal i.e, 5.9

Doubt: (.) POINT is not a mathematical symbol, symbol can be +,-,*,/.

Thanks For the puzzle, if this is funny one then i like it.

With Regards
    RKD
    Proud to be a BengalSpider Member

Mail Me: rkdnet@gmail.com

Hello Ravi,

Thanks for the response. You are correct that pont is not a mathematical symbol but decimal is purely a mathematical. I think that I am able to clear your confusion.

With regards

Sanjeeb

Hello Snehasish,

Yes I am bengali. I want to share article on 'Jamai Sasthi' but I could not trace the article. Please provide the details.

With regards

Sanjeeb

Hello Sanjeeb Ganguly,

Let it be, the question is good one, i think their should be separate section of tricky questions.

Happy Posting.

With Regards
    RKD
    Proud to be a BengalSpider Member

Mail Me: rkdnet@gmail.com

The students who have the knowledge of Vedic Mathematics will solve such questions easy, I a little bit dull in Maths,. So please declare the results.
    -------------------
    Thanks & Regards
    CEO Siaar Group

Dear Izaj,

The answers are as follows :-
    Puzzle 1 :- The mathematical symbol that can be put between 5 and 9, to get a number bigger than 5 and smaller than 9 is a decimal i.e, 5.9

Puzzle 2 :- 8/(3-8/3)
    = 8/(1/3)
    = 24

Regards

Sanjeeb

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.