You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Ask about bengal

There is no Bengal Regiment

Dear Friend, Do you know..? There is no any Bengal Regiment in Indian Army, This is really shame for us, But once upon a time In India Bengal was the first state, where Armed freedom fighter set out their journey.
    Paritosh once more you have pointed out an important omission by our Country. Yes i have seen and read all kinds of regiments like Gorkha, Garhwal, Madras, and so on then why not Bengal Regiment. Or during that days Bengalis were shy of joining the army. This has to be probed.

K Mohan

Dear Mohan Sir,
    I was working in Army School as Art n Craft Teacher, so I have lots of exp. with the Indian Army. Its true there is no Bengal Regiment, But once upon a time INA the Indian National Army( Indian first Army Force) was founded by Rashbihari Bose, and then he handed over it to Netaji Subhas Chandra Basu, which was called Azad Hind Fouze.
    So now at present there is no Bengal Regiment...its really shame for us.
    Paritosh.

Thanks for sharing this good information and i was not aware of it. But still i feel sorry that there is no regiment in the name of Bengal.

K Mohan

Thank You Mohan Sir,
    Not only INA...for India's Freedom, you can see the history...Bengal, Punjab and Maharastra was the first state ..where the Armed Freedom Movement was started...Kshudiram Basu the first young Freedom Fighter who set out his journey at the age of 12.
    Paritosh.

Hello Paritosh,

Thanks for sharing the information, I didn't know about it. Can you tell us if there is a reason for this? I mean there must be some rules or guidelines for naming or creating regiments in the army as they are very serious and disciplined in whatever they do so they must have a reason don't you think? If you can tell us about that reason please do so.

It is sad to see such a thing and I do feel a bit ashamed. I really want to find out what kept Bengal from being named into a regiment.

Bhaswar.

Regards
    Bhaswar

Hello Mr Paritosh Pal, thank you for sharing the information here. But as u explained that you have a lots of experience about the INA, the Indian National Army then why don't u post a resource with full information about this topic, what a regiment is? how is it created? why Bengal does no have a regiment in INA? This will help the members to get a wide knowledge about it and we will come to know what actually it is. As we are aware of many facts of our army we do not know the actual rules and regulations of our army.
    So I would like to suggest you that with the experience you have post a resource about all the facts of army and Bengal.

Thank You
    Ankit Patwari.

Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.