You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellanous

Discuss: All Media and site and politicians thought that all Bengal means Kolkata

This thread is to discuss the opinion poll topic 'All Media and site and politicians thought that all Bengal means Kolkata and other District means bogus people live there: what is your opinion?'.
    Yes Subrata ray the media generally projects Bengalis means Kolkata only. Like South Indians are branded as Madarasis. And other districts never comes into the news at all. What you observed is very right and i fully support it.

K Mohan

Subrata, your point taken. But...what is the way out. Why blame the entire media for this. I believe, ETV is amongst the select few who really have reasonable presence in remote districts.
    Somen

somen sir, you also believe that amongst the select few have reasonable presence in remote districts.
    I think Etv is not the news channel and Etv only cover the bengal only Amar Bangla News which they broadcast twice a day. so, my opinion is correct and Mr. K. Khan of this forum also agree with me.

So, your point taken not mine.

subrata ray from bengal

Thank you Mr. Khan to support my answer. And please tell others that when you want to submit your resource in this site you can see that in "Area" part(optional) it only display the diff. places of kolkata not the name of other district in Bengal.
    subrata ray from bengal

I support you too because i am also from Burdwan and according to me, no such importance is given to Burdwan or any other cities and towns like Kolkata. Still the debate continues as Durgapur is a real developing area effecting the economy of Bengal highly and this place is also supported by the politicians. But all towns and cities should be given an equal opportunity to grow up so that the people there can have a better life and there should not be any partiality between the people living in cities and in villages.
    Ankit Patwari.

Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.