You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Ask about bengal

Picnic idea in Bengal this winter

Are you planning for any picnic this winter? What is the spot you are planning for? Post here different picnic spot in Bengal.
    Well for me West Bengal is very far to have a picnic. But I beleive Darjeeling is the best place to visit during winter. The toy train with its soothing sound slowly chugging out with lots of noise is the treat to watch and hear too. Children and elders vie each other to travel in this train and register their memories.

K Mohan

Thanks for your response, I agree with you Darjeeling is really a nice place for a short trip.

Also did you consider the temperature there? Its around 5 degree now whereas in Kolkata the temperature is around 11 degree!!.

But, Now a days the hill station have some political violence by the political parties there non stop bandhs , road blocks are common there.

Regards,
    Subhajit

Recently heard about this place called Malancha Nature Park. Its in Burdwan district at Rasulpur. For more details refer the website www.malanchanaturepark.net

Thanks Subhajit Chatterjee for giving more details on Darjeeling. You say that there is a political unrest and even climate is not good to travel there.But when i see the toy train in Discovery Channel, often i yearn to visit this place one day.

K Mohan

Darjeeling is really a nice place. But for picnic there are other beautiful places too in West Bengal. There are many places across the river Damodar. Deul is also a nice place. Again in Shantiniketan is also a great place. This place of Rabindranath is really great, so peaceful, so enjoyable, its really amazing. According to me Shantiniketan is really a nice place for picnic.
    Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

Thanks for the information pradipta. First time I came to know about this place. I start this post only to find out such type of uncommon places in West Bengal.
    Regards,
    Subhajit

Yes, Ankit I love to visit Santiniketan very much. I visited santiniketan three times this year..! Special occasions at Santiniketan are Poush mela and Basanta Utsav (Dol). I missed out the 1st one this year and planning to visit the 2nd.
    Regards,
    Subhajit

Yes, recently i had visited Shantiniketan with ma classmates. Its really lovely. We had an excursion there. And the Mother Teresa orphanage is there which you should visit.
    Thank you.

Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

Thanks Subhajit for initiating a good topic and see how nicely members are participating and sharing new information which were not known to me earlier.That is why i insist forum posting is must daily so that we share and enrich unknown knowledge base. I appeal to all the members to visit here daily and participate with same interest.

K Mohan

Thanks Mr. Mohan for your appreciation for this post. Actually I try to post some topics which are not related to politics. These types of topic extend the thinking of members other than nasty politics in our country. I also try to give information by which you can get some refreshment after a long hectic day. Thanks again.
    Regards,
    Subhajit

Gadiara and 58 Gates can be two good picnic options. 58 Gates is around 70 km from Dunlop More near Dakhshineshwar. Gadiara will be around 90-95 km from the same place. Sadarghat in Burdwan is also good, which would be around 100 km from Dunlop.
    Regards,
    Kumaraditya Sarkar

Organizing a Picnic in winter is a great Idea. There are various places in West Bengal, It can be Digha, Mandarmani, or Chandannagore.

Hey,

Thanks, Kumaraditya for your response. Gadiara and 58 Gates are really nice place to visit for a short time. As these places are not far away from Kolkata.

Yes Madhu, I agree with you Digha and Mandarmani are two beautiful sea beaches in Bengal. But I did not visited Chandannagore yet.

Regards,
    Subhajit

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.