You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Ask about bengal

Discuss: Do you support Bandh called by Political parties in Bengal ?

This thread is to discuss the opinion poll topic 'Do you support Bandh called by Political parties in Bengal ?'.
    According to me bandh is nothing but public harrasment. Political parties make bandh for different issues. But the sufferer is the common people.they have sacrifice their regular life. Many people faces problems due to bandhlike students,patients and the ist goes on.........so i think this is nothing but a political gimic

Malini i do not think any body in this state will support the frequent bandh calls given by political parties to meet their own narrow ends. By doing so they are loosing the sympathy and support either too they were enjoying with the public. How much money lost during bandh is the matter of great concern to all.

K Mohan

Bandh called by the different political parties should not be supported at all. This bandhs causes many problems especially to the middle n below poverty line people of our society. In some countries like Japan whenever there is a strike on something people protest there against it with bands in their hands and go for extra job. I personally don not support these strikes called by the different political parties in our country, but still some exceptional cases are there when strikes are really important and should be called.
    Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

Bandh should be the last weapons to be used by political parties in extreme cases. In West Bengal political parties use this weapon in regular basis and the weapon lost its value. I personally feel it's a holiday for common people and students. We also enjoy Bandh by plying cricket on the main roads which are congested in normal day.
    Regards,
    Subhajit

Yes Subhajit, its true the bandhs are enjoyed by the students and other service men too. But the cause of a political Bandh should be a strong one otherwise it looses its value, moreover it causes a loss to the Businessmen and other wage earners in the society and the main sufferers are the daily wage earners as they dont get any job to do dose days but they cant survive without eating so there expenditure is there but no income.
    Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.