You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellanous

Bengali's valentine day - Saraswati Puja

Valentine's day is valentine's day but I think bengalees dont need valentine's day as they have their own valentine's day SARASWATI PUJA. Bengalees celebrates saraswati puja as valentine's day. so Saraswati puja rocks......happy saraswati puja to everybody in advance.
    Valentine's day cannot be compared to Saraswati Puja. Its true that Saraswati puja is celebrated very eagerly by the people of Bengal but it has not got any connection to Valentine's day according to me.
    Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

Hi Malini,
    I partially agree with you, for the young rockers of Bengal its 2nd Valentines Day. It is a well known fact that Saraswati Puja is taken as a 2nd valentine's day in Bengal. Young students don't miss the opportunity to meet with their dear one in this Puja season. I want to add here when girls wear sharee's (basanti color) in this season they really look beautiful.

Regards,
    Subhajit

Hi,

I think taking Saraswati Puja as the Valentines' Day in West Bengal occur for those only who cannot enjoy Valentines' Day to the fullest. In fact school students have lots of problems on the Valentines' Day since lots of questions ("Where are you going in this much hurry?" / "Suddenly so well dressed today? Looks like you are going to celebrate Valentines' Day and not to private tuition" / "What will you do with money today" and so on) come a-flowing like arrows from seniors. With those throngs of gaily clad girls with shampooed hair roaming around, Saraswati Puja is really a divine day for boys in Punjabis and Sherwanis, and also vice versa.

Valentine's Day, I feel, is a little different and is best enjoyed by college and university students. They have some privileges like going out in any dress without clarification to guardians, a little heavier wallets, more lenience at home in terms of girlfriends and boyfriends, and so on.

To sum up, for me Saraswati Puja was the day to suddenly find your dream girl in the street and rush through the crowd to steal another glance, only to celebrate the Valentines Day few years later with a candlelight dinner in a cosy restaurant!

Regards,
    Kumaraditya Sarkar

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.