You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Ask about bengal

Which automobile brand is the best in Bengal?

Which brand according to you is the best in Bengal in providing services and sales in Bengal and provides the best quality and efficiency? Members please comment according to your own experience both about two wheelers and four wheelers and you can also give examples.
    Hello Ankit,

I am not much experienced about two wheelers but Bajaj has a good sales as well as service I think. So is Hero Honda.

When it comes to four wheelers, we need to recognise our demands and ask ourselves - precisely what is it we are looking for? If it is service, Maruti is miles ahead. In fact their advertisement seems quite true that even where you don't get food and water, you might find a Maruti Service Station!

Honda is great in style. Honda City has been a classic choice for the people of Kolkata for a long time. Same is for Chevrolet, but it has very few service stations in Kolkata.

Mahindra is well-neigh good. If you drive longer distances in the express ways regularly, Scorpio will be your best pick. Remember to pick a diesel car if you want to frequent the highways more. In the start-stop-start-stop conditions of urban roads where clutch is used every few seconds, a petrol car is the best.

Regards,
    Kumaraditya Sarkar.

Regards,
    Kumaraditya Sarkar

Thank You Mr Kumaraditya Sarkar for your response. As you sad diesel cars, yes they are really fuel efficient nowadays. In Bengal according to me Maruti Suzuki is the best as its service is the best, the efficiency of the cars are the best, be it a Alto or an SX4 or grand Vitara. There is no comparison for these fuel efficiency. However in looks Maruti Suzuki is not all we need. There are companies like the Toyota, Honda etc which produces cars with superb design and there engines are also awesome but still they don not have proper dealers in West Bengal and neither they have service centers excepting the major cities of West Bengal.
    in two wheelers i would like to say that Honda is capturing the market in a growing rate and the new models and vehicles of Honda are really great. But still now Hero Honda is the leading 2-wheeler brand.

Thank You
    Ankit Patwari.

Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

Well according to me the best brand in four wheelers category should be Maruti Suzuki in Bengal. The reason for the same is

1) Maruti cars are very attractively priced and they have cars in almost every segment both high and low end cars.
    2) Maruti cars are very fuel efficient.
    3) Maruti cars spare parts are very easily available.
    4) Maruti car service centers are almost there in almost every district in bengal.

In two wheelers both Bajaj and Hero Honda are equally good.

Regards,

Pradipta

Ankit thanks for raising this post and i think Maruti is having National presence of its network and the vehicles are also less maintainable category. Unlike other brands Maruti is suited for Indian roads and also for Kolkata roads and even West Bengal roads as they are more maneuverable easily.

K Mohan

Thank You Mr Pradipto Mahato and Mr K Mohan for your kind response. But I would also like to add that the spare costs of Maruti Suzuki cars are really cheaper and one more advantage is there, as far users say Maruti Suzuki cars are designed in a way that if a problem occurs in its vehicles it only involves minimum repairing as it is built in such a way that the parts could easily be repaired and reinstalled which does not involve any complications for the mechanic too.
    These are also some facilities provided by the Maruti Suzuki which is taking it to the highest market value not only in West Bengal but in all the parts of India.
    Recently Suzuki is also launching HYBRID cars in India which will provide a better fuel efficiency and will meet up the rising prices of Petrol

Thank You
    Ankit Patwari.

Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

Hello Ankit and everyone else

I would like to point out that Yamaha has become a major two wheeler brand nowadays with it's sales growing rapidly in india. It has come up with some series of bikes which not only are good in looks but are also efficient in performance and economy issues. And now Yamaha has also struck West Bengal with it's brand assuring style and performance combined. Kolkata streets are already flooding with Yamaha bikes and I think this brand is one to keep an eye open for as it is already giving competition to the lead brands like Bajaj and others and it also has more in store for the future.

Regards
    Bhaswar

Hello Mr Bhaswar Mukhopadyay,
    You are exactly right in your opinion about the leading two wheeler brand Yamaha.
    But i would like to add up some facts about the company.
    Yamaha is a brand which is concentrating on Sporty look vehicles nowadays in India. It is concentrating with its model R15, Fazer, FZ etc. These models really occupy the higher sections of the model. They are preferred by today's youth and R15 is seen in heavy numbers on road. But the economy section of bikes is not much captures by the Yamaha.
    Yamaha has many drawbacks in the company. Its resale value is very low compared to other brands like Bajaj, Honda and Hero Honda. Although I can not say anything about the bike's riding comfort because as far i had experienced its not bad. Again the looks, Yamaha is not bad in looks too but the other brands are not behind. People think twice before buying an economical bike of Yamaha specially those who change their bikes in 2 or 3 years. And one more thing Yamaha do not have scooters in the market and so the other companies get a advantage there too.

Thank You
    Ankit Patwari.

Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

Hello Ankit

I would like to point out that Yamaha has launched some new models in bikes which are economical as well as stylish and claim to be good performers. For example the new Yamaha SZ or SZ-R are bikes which match the looks and performance needs of the time and is also within common people's budget. You are right that Yamaha still has big competitors to beat and we hope we get some good deals from them in the process.

Regards
    Bhaswar

Hello Mr Bhaswar Mukhopadhay,

The name of the bikes you gave in your previous reply is absolutely good. They are economical too. But unfortunately they are not preferred by every one. Th funky look of SZ does not appeal every one specially people above 40. No doubt its a good choice but Yamaha has still lots more to do to be the leader. The major drawback of the company is its brand value. Yamaha bikes does not have a resale value like the Honda and the Hero Honda ones. So some people think twice before selecting them.
    Again if you compare the Yamaha bikes with the Honda ones then you will come to know the difference. Just compare your SZ with Shine or CB Twister. Honda shine is always the first choice for people above 40 years age and twister is leading the market today for its look, pick up and efficiency.

Thank You,
    Ankit Patwari.

Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.