You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General Updates

ICC world cup 2011 India England live update

Kolkata deprived of this interesting match in world cup will be getting live updates at Bengalspider.com.

India won the toss and elected to bat. Sreeshanth has been replaced by leg spinner Piyush Chawla, the only change in team.
    Tim Bresnan in his first over took Sehwag who was looking dangerous after a shaky start. India 46 for 1 in 8 overs.

India finally was all out for 338 in 49.5 overs. Thanks to wonderful century bu Sachin Tendulkar, his 98th International century and well supported by Gambhir, Yuvraj and Dhoni.

In reply England made a solid start and just now lost 2nd wicket, score 111/2 in 16.5 overs.

Sachin Tendulkar really rocks. He has changed the history of cricket rather we can say he had written a new history in the book of cricket. India scored 339 though all wickets were taken and one ball was left at the end. This was a little mistake done by some players who got a little bit of crazy for runs but this was not the end, the runs they scored is really great. Salute to the batsman of India.
    Now the current score is 117/2 for the England in 17.5 overs.
    Thank You.

Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

It was an interesting match, first tie in world cup history, there was one more Tie match in cricket world cup between India and Pakistan but India was declared victory on no. of wickets as per rule at that time.

Morally it is a loss for India, if they cant defend 338 runs, it is a moral defeat, India almost lost in 40 overs when England required just 67 runs in 60 balls and 8 wickets in hand, but Zaheer Khan brilliant second spell reversed the match and in last 2 overs England required 29 runs, Piyush Chawla 49th over gave 2 sixes that too to tailenders.

Hello all cricket lovers

The Ireland vs England match was by far the most interesting match in the WC 2011 in my opinion. An underdog taking on an ranked rival and beating him is always pleasure to watch and the thrill that this match added to this formula was really worth appreciation. I think matches like India vs England (which resulted in a tie) and this one are setting the tone of the world cup and announcing that the world's highest quality cricket tournament has begun. So get up and don't miss one match folks if you can manage it as you might miss a spectacular match anytime as unpredicted teams are looking serious. It is now clear that all the teams mean business and I am confident in predicting that the world cup will get more sensational as the rounds progress.

Regards
    Bhaswar

Hello everyone

India has now been reinstated in the top position of the group after today's win against Ireland and after playing three matches only. The teams in second and third positions are below in points even after having played four matches. This means the chance of India topping the group stage in the respective group seems more prominent.

I hope India keeps performing well and tops the group stage into the quarter finals.

Ireland lost the match but they didn't go down without a fight and their efforts specially the way they gave their 100% in the field is worth appreciation. I hope they improve their ICC ranking and return in the next world cup even if they don't make it this time.

Regards
    Bhaswar

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.