You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Ask about bengal

Cancellation of world cup match from eden gardens

I am interested to know the reparcation of people of Bengal for cancellation of Cricket match of world cup from Eden Gardens. Please express your feeling regarding this matter.
    Hello,

Cancellation of World cup matches from the Eden Garden stadium of Kolkata is very much hurting for the people of Bengal.
    There was a huge opportunity for many people to enjoy a world cup match sitting in the stadium specially those who cannot afford going outside there state or country to see a match. So those people will be hurt very much as there was a match already decided to take place in the Eden Garden many of the Bengalis have already planned to go for a cricket match and were very much excited too.

I am also sad and disappointed for the cancellation of World Cup matches from the Edens and we really do not know when in life again we will get such an opportunity to see a cricket world cup match.

This is really disappointing and this had hurt the sentiments of many Bengalis.

Thank You,
    Ankit Patwari.

Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

Hi Ankit,
    Again my thanks to you to put your answer regarding this contemporary subject.

Thanks,

Debashish Bhattacharya

I agree with Ankit, It is very disappointing that Matches at eden garden was cancelled. Eden garden being one of the best stadium in India and the world too having an huge capacity is capable of hosting any international cricket match. It is real unfortunate that matches got cancelled for Eden garden but still we should be happy that at the end of the day India won the much awaited world cup after 1983.
    Cheers
    Lokesh

Hi Lokesh,
    It is nice to hear your feelings about the topic. Hoping to hear again.

Thanks,

Debashish Bhattacharya

Hello Mr. Debashish Bhattacharya, Mr. Lokesh Das and last but not the least Mr. Ankit

It has indeed pained us to see an important world cup match taken away from our favorite Eden Gardens. After India has won this world cup and made this world cup immortal in history this shameful incident is more disturbing for Bengali cricket lovers as history will remember this world cup when Eden got insulted.

I am really confused how media has covered the issue. Sometimes it seemed they are telling that this is a conspiracy by the BCCI to insult CAB aka Mr. Dalmia, again sometimes they impose that the fault is ICC's and again sometimes they portray the incident as a fault of CAB itself and a genuine case. I would like to know which one is the real reason behind the disappointment of a cricket loving population but I doubt that will happen as media tends to forget this kind of things and instead of sticking to an issue till the truth gets out it only jumps around to cover issues on demand at the moment. As India has won the world cup and made a happy ending to the world cup for Indians I doubt media will be interested about this in the slightest unless they get a hint of a scoop out of this.

Regards
    Bhaswar

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.