You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Sports News & Update

Sachin Tendulkar should retire

Do you feel Sachin should retire?
    Hello Debashish Babu,

I don't think Sachin Tendulkar should retire now from the Indian cricket team. He is in good touch. In the Cricket World Cup 2011, Sachin Tendulkar was the second leading run scorer, with Tilakratne Dilshan holding the first place with 500 runs. He is still quite fit and all of us have seen him working hard in the outfields, diving when needed like any young cricketer, and running very fast between the wickets while working with singles and doubles.

Therefore, though many people might be thinking that this is his last World Cup, he might very well continue for two more years. Who knows, he might even continue for four more years, up to the 2015 cricket world cup in Australia and New Zealand, and we might be able to once again enjoy the skills of the little master there.

Let us pray for a longer career of this living cricket God!

Regards,
    Kumaraditya Sarkar

Hi Kumaraditya,
    Sorry if I have hurt you. The reason of putting this question into the forum is nothing but to get the feedback from all. I am also an admirer of Sachin, but do not like to call him God. He had achieved ultimate skill (wisdom) in that particular field.

Thanks,

Debashish Bhattacharya

Hello Mr Debashish Bhattacharya,

Sachin Tendulkar is playing awesome like and have improved his skills of fielding too nowadays. The way he was fielding in the world cup matches would not let us know about his 38 years of age. Sachin is an experienced player of India and one of the key player of the Indian cricket team. Sachin's batting is world class and in the whole world he has been ranked 2nd in this 2011 cricket world cup tournament.

Again he is a nice human being too and he is really the God of cricket without any doubts.
    I am a great fan of cricket and I know many are there and we want to see our God of cricket playing for four more years in the 2015 world cup tournament. We will be disappointed if Sachin takes the decision of retiring.

Thank You,
    Ankit Patwari.

Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

Hi Ankit,
    Thank you for expressing your feeling regarding this. Even I do feel the same, only I differ with the word God of Cricket. Then where should Bradman be placed?

Again sorry for bringing this topic. Hope you will feel the need to discuss this topic.

Thanks,

Debashish Bhattacharya

Hello Mr Debashish,

Its your personal decision and opinion but it is his hard work and quality which had brought him today to this point that people not only in India but in the whole world call him "God Of Cricket" and respect him with that tittle. I am personally proud of Sachin and I dont have any problem in calling him God of cricket.

You are not forced to call him so and you should not say others too if they call him with that tittle because thats just something of respect.
    I have written a resource too on this topic kindly refer to this link:
    Sachin Tendulkar-God of cricket.

Its your personal view and I am no one to change your views.

Thank You,
    Ankit Patwari.

Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

Hi Ankit,
    I have full respect with your views. I have clearly mentioned that he has achieved the skill (wisdom of cricket) through hard work. I also pay respect to him, and I have no objection in listening that title.

My point was completely different that whether he should retire now or not.

Anyways I am sorry if I have hurt you. Thanks for your response.

Thanks,

Debashish Bhattacharya

Hi Debashish,
    You have asked a interesting question. It does not hurt anybody, its to know the views of everyone.
    There are two points.
    Why Sachin Should retire-
    1-Sachin should retire from One day matches to give chance to upcoming youngsters.
    2- may be he has tight schedule because he is actively participating in IPL matches too.
    3- His World Cup Dream is Fulfilled .
    Difficult to find more reasons
    Why Sachin Should not retire-
    1- he still fit and playing much better than the young members in the ODI team.
    2- He is the leading run scorer from India in this world cup.
    3- He is guiding the youngsters and whole team in a right way.
    4- Without Sachin the Indian team is a headless Chicken in the words of Siddu.

There are so many reasons why Sachin should continue playing and may be he should play the next world cup too for India.
    Views of everyone may vary but in my opinion Sachin should continue to play for the team India till he wants to rest.

Cheers
    Lokesh

Hi Lokesh,
    Thanks for your logical response. Hoping to get more from you in future.

Thanks,
    Debashish Bhattacharya

Hello Mr Debashish,

I am sorry if I went out of the topic of discussion. Please do not mind anything and take it a little easy. It is really nice to respond to your forum threads with such interesting topics everyday. I am happy to see new topics everyday in the forum section of the Bengal Spider and dont stop posting these kind of topics here.

Thanks a lot,
    Ankit Patwari.

Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

Hi Ankit,
    Don't personalize this. Actually I am trying to get views on different aspects of contemporary life from members. I am happy that I am continuously getting feedback from members.

Thanks again,

Debashish Bhattacharya

Thanks Mr Debashish Bhattacharya,

I hope you take me positively always, as two people may not agree with a particular decision but it is nice to see that you take things lightly.

Thank You,
    Ankit Patwari.

Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

Hello Debashish Bhattacharya,

As most of our members have suggested that Sachin Tendulkar should not retire form cricket and that is right also. You can't just see his age and say he should retire.

Regards,
    Vimal

Hi Vimal,

I liked your suggestion, but I do not want to be aggressive about him. Personally, I have not expressed my feelings about this subject. Only I wanted to get the views of others.

Regarding his retirement, I feel if you are not getting any inspiration in doing any work then you should quit. May be he is still enjoying cricket. It is exclusively his decision and we should honour his decision so far he is playing well.

Thanks,
    Debashish Bhattacharya

Hello everyone

I do not claim that I am a cricket expert or something but from the love for the sport I hope Sachin doesn't retire soon. At least this much must be made sure that he is not forced to retire before he wants to himself. And seeing his aggression and performance even after winning the world cup which he has been striving for his entire career. Now with almost every possible achievement for a batsman under his bag he is still eager to do more. His hunger for runs has not yet dried out as the latest IPL matches prove and he still has lots to give to cricket lovers. So Sachin should be allowed to continue till he wants to as I know he will retire the day he thinks fit and that day will be the best to do so.

Regards
    Bhaswar

Well lets leave to the God of Modern Cricket - Sachin Tendulkar himself only that when he is going to retire. He is entertaining us for the last 21 years and let us enjoy the same, unless sachin himself calls the shot....

Pradipta

Well i donot think Sachin Tendulkar should be retiring just now because he is still quite fit and can score quite good runs in most of the games.I donot consider him God or anything of that sort but i respect him for bringing Indian cricket to the level it is today.

Never,until the day come when Mr.MASTAR BLASTAR think to do for his own.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.