You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellanous

Hollywood and Bollywood movies

What do you feel the difference between Hollywood and Bollywood movies?
    Hello Debashish Bhattacharya;
    You are asking a good question that the difference between Hollywood and Bollywood movies. Really it is a good thread. In my thinking there are a lot of differences between Hollywood and bollywood movies. Those are in case of Hollywood movies you can't see a movie with your family members because of Indian culture is there. I hope you can get my points. But in case of Bollywood movies this problem you can't face. but i feel now a days the Hollywood and bollywood movies are alike. I feel one thing that all other countries including America is following the culture of our country where as we are following the foreign Culture. what a shame.

Regards

Ardhendu Narayan Rout

Hello Mr Debashish,

The difference between the Hollywood and Bollywood movies is too much an there are movies of Hollywood which are worth less comparing with the Bollywood one. The Hollywood movies have higher amount of investment and most of the Hollywood movies have a different base or story and attracts more number of viewers all over the world where as the Bollywood movies have there limitations upto India only or some other countries but they are not as popular as the Hollywood movies.

Lastly as told by Mr Ardhendu we cannot watch a Hollywood movie with our family because of our culture it is true but we are changing our minds day by day and Indians are getting advanced and broad minded and there is no problem to see the movies if you are an adult. We should change our mentality a little but not the whole so that the cultural value also remains as well as we can develop too.

Thanks you,
    Ankit Patwari.

Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

Hi Ardhendu and Ankit,
    It is nice to hear your voices for this topic. I would like to reply shortly.

Till then bye.

Thanks,
    Debashish Bhattacharya

Hi Ardhendu and Ankit,
    Yesterday I was not in a position to reply about this topic. Today I am trying to explain my views. In cinematic medium first question is believability, which hollywood manifests perfectly. The base of making believable is to make real. Now the question raises what is real? Real is nothing but to utilize your sense organs perfectly. In bollywood movies the flavour of real is missing. The feel of real can be achieved through light, sound, composition and many more. The budget is not the factor of making anything real. Though illusion is the object in cinema, but it should be achieved through reality. Even the colour plays very important role in cinema. It is not that we liked that color and put it. It is the need to make the feel real. Try to observe the utilization of colour red in any good hollywood movie.

The big difference is lying with the paper works that we do before making any movie. They are very perfectionist, and we....sorry to pass any coment.

Anyways will produce a resource in this shortly.

Bye,
    Thanks,
    Debashish Bhattacharya

Hello Mr Debashish,

Yes a resource on this topic will be very much useful for the readers me bengal spider. I am happy to see such a response for this topic and i hope that you will keep on posting such topics in the forum of bengal spider.

But as you said about the reality i think bollywood movies should not be compared to the hollywood movies as if you had experienced watching a hollywood movie in a movie theatre which i guess you must have then you can understand what a holly movie is and the real and live experience of a hollywood movie.
    The hollywood movies mainly concentrate on showing some facts and their movies are always made with a basic topic.

Thank you,
    Ankit Patwari

Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

Hi Ankit,
    Yes you are right. Actually the persons behind the project are completely different.

Still I remember one conversation with a doctor when I was young and travelling on train. After lots of discussion he discolsed his identity and said the basic reason of their development is honesty.

Really we are in shortage of that in day to day life. That makes the difference.

He was an eminent doctor and travelled a lot.

Thanks,
    Debashish Bhattacharya

Hello Mr Debashish,

Yes a resource on this topic will be very much useful for the readers me bengal spider. I am happy to see such a response for this topic and i hope that you will keep on posting such topics in the forum of bengal spider.

But as you said about the reality i think bollywood movies should not be compared to the hollywood movies as if you had experienced watching a hollywood movie in a movie theatre which i guess you must have then you can understand what a holly movie is and the real and live experience of a hollywood movie.
    The hollywood movies mainly concentrate on showing some facts and their movies are always made with a basic topic.

Thank you,
    Ankit Patwari

Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.