You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellanous

Census

Do you feel Census really reflects the real population of India?
    Hello Mr. Debashish Bhattacharya

To answer your query which you have made in this forum thread I will say yes I do feel census reflects the actual picture of the Indian population. I do not argue that it is cent-percent accurate but I feel it projects a picture which is close to the truth.

However I have never thought of such a case of the census being false or erroneous before now that I come to think of it. I would like to know if there is any special reason that you feel the census does not actually reflect the real stats for the population of India. I have not come across any claims or news like this before that is why I am curious to know if there is any such issue or confusion or controversy regarding this matter. If you have any specific reason for this please share it with us so we can judge our understanding with your logic.

Regards
    Bhaswar

Hello Mr Debashish Bhattacharya,

As you have a query about the Census of India I am sure the members of this website will surely help you regarding this matter as none of your current forum threads are left without any response from the valuable members of this website and your forum threads are meaningful too.

According to me the Census provides a good data of the Indian populations and other economic factors but still some parts of the country is there which are left without any proper review during the census. This is due to the corruption and there are some more reasons associated with it. What I feel is the Census document is really helpful and provides a good image of our country along with the development as well as other economic factors of the country. Census is really important for the economic studies.

Thanks a lot,
    Ankit Patwari.

Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

Hi Bhaswar and Ankit,

Thanks a lot for your valuable response as always. Now I want to raise one point.

What about the population that stays on road?

The basic reason of keeping this discussion into the forum is the population of foot path people. Do not you think that number should need more attention other than us. According to me those numbers are not even considered for counting.

Thanks,
    Debashish Bhattacharya

Hello Mr Debashish Bhattacharya,

Your question is a valuable one and cannot be left unanswered. The question is right and this question must rise in every Indian's mind. The census surveys in India are done by a number of factors like the ration card etc. Many of these people have their ration cards with them so they are actually counted but many does not have a proper name too so ration card is far away from them. These people are many times counted as average or they are left as they are. This is what which shows the under developed condition of India but still the census report is so far the best report that we can have through a all India survey and it is really helpful.

The difference is no much looking into the population of India, it will be a few lakhs more. This is what I responded with my own personal idea and even I will like if any one else among the Bengal Spider members shares his/her thoughts about this topic.

I will be very much thankful to the person who will provide us with a brief description about this topic.

Thank You,
    Ankit Patwari.

Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

Always it is not possible to reflect original population.

HI,
    I think census is not exactly accurate but it is nearby or approximately correct and it is the only way to find the head count in India. People need to be more responsive and should be present to give the details so that we can get correct data. I am currently in London and been a part of census here .I got a letter from census to fill it and send it back, stamp was already attached or there is an option to fill it online. They check how many people houses left without information then they collect their information manually. I know it is difficult to make it work in India but change in system is required to cope with the numbers.
    by Improving it is possible to count to very nearest numbers and it is almost impossible to count them who are homeless. Hope this makes a bit sense.

Cheers
    Lokesh

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.