You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestions and Feedbacks

Desktop or laptop

Hello all the members of Bengal Spider.
    There is a huge debate on the preference of laptop or desktop. Some people say that they like working in laptops as its very small while some say there is nothing like a desktop to work in. So lets see what does people of Bengal think. As you all are either desktop or laptop users so you all are having a personal experience, so share your personal experience with us and lets see which one is more preferred by the people of Bengal.
    Hi Ankit,

Both has its own utility. It depends on the type of work I am doing. In any case Laptop is always preferable so far work can be done.

N.B.: Now a days ipad is much more attractive than laptop though it has its own limitation.

Thanks,
    Debashish Bhattacharya

Hello Mr Debashish Bhattacharya,

IPad and the new Samsung Galaxy tab and other devices like that is always preferable by the users but you cannot type that fast in an IPad like you can do it in your desktop.

I prefer Desktop than Laptop and it depends upon many factors, lets see what the other members of Bengal Spider responds. I hope that this will become a good topic of discussion and it will help a new buyer who is confused between a laptop and a desktop and seeing this live discussion he/she can guide himself. I need the valuable response and votes of the other members too. Thank you for responding Mr Debashish Bhattacharya.

Thanks a lot,
    Ankit Patwari.

Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

This question arises in my mind when I was planning for my own 1st time. It totally depend what type of work you want to do.
    If you are travelling maximum time for your job then you have to buy a laptop. Laptop is more flexible than desktop. You have access to the world wherever you are. It may be in your bedroom or in the playground or in a moving train!
    But if you are planning for gaming or movie/music or for some editing work then desktop is the best. You can also have more storage facility in desktop. Repairing and maintenance is also easy for desktop, sometimes you can do it yourself (providing you have a little knowledge). And finally if you consider your budget then desktop will be the best choice.

Regards,
    Subhajit

Hello Mr Subhajit Chaterjee,

This is really a lovely response. I use both Laptop and desktop and I prefer it according to my work. But still I prefer using my desktop as it is more reliable and using a desktop is quite comfortable for me as we have to be less careful while using a laptop. As you mentioned about games, yeah the experience of playing games in a desktop is always better as you do not need to think about your soft soft keys of your laptop while playing in a desktop. Things do not appear so little if you have a 19" LCD or more than that.But still I hope that you will vote any any among the options provided in the above poll. I am waiting for your vote. Kindly vote to see whats the final decision of the members of Bengal Spider.

Thank You,
    Ankit Patwari.

Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

Hello Ankit,

AS told by one of our esteem member that both has its plus or minus points or both have its utilities. I totally depends on "what type of work are going to have on laptop or desk top" . If you work is such that, you have to be in market or have to be on move, then it so better to have a laptop

Regards,
    Vimal

Hello everyone,

It is really nice to see your responses over here in my forum thread. I am highly obliged to all the members especially Mr Subhajit for their response. I am starting these kind of forums in Bengal Spider just because these will always help a new buyer to buy things in the market or it will help any person who is in confusion between any two things. I hope this will work and I want the other members of this website too to reply here to make the opinion better and please vote too.

Thanks a lot again to all,
    Ankit Patwari.

Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

Hello Ankit;
    You are opening a good thread for finding which is the best between Laptop and Desktop. Really Ankit you are the master in Forum. But as you asked in my point of view I like Desktop very much because it is easy to operate and use for rough and tough work. As compared to Laptop it is very complicated for using and as their is no mouse so you have to use it very carefully. But it can be used by using a extra mouse and a extra keyboard. But one thing is that if you want to edit a photo in photo shop or in other editing software then you cannot do it by using laptop. So Desktop is fit for these types of works. And another thing I take that consideration that if your keyboard is defected or broken then in case of desktop you can easily buy a new one which is just Rs250+ but in case of Laptop you have to take the laptop to the mechanic and make it perfect which cost minimum Rs 600+. But it is still the old one. In that purpose my favorite is Desktop. But lastly I want to tell you something that Laptop and Desktop are built for use in some special way that for a marketing executive laptop is very essential but in case of a DTP center the Desktop is more necessary. So all are made for different purposes.

Regards,
    Ardhendu Narayan Rout
    Member of Orissa Spider
    Member of Bengal Spider
    Editor of Assam Spider

Hello Mr Ardhendu Narayan Rout,

You had taken my words. My view points are also the same regrading Laptop and Desktop. I also prefer Desktop more than Laptop because rough usage does not cost much to the PC but in case of a laptop nothing can be said about the cost of repairing. I am happy to use my Desktop than my Laptop though I have both.

Thanks for that lovely comments for me but I want to say that its all the credit of the members of Bengal Spider who have helped me a lot to reach to this position. Without there help and guidance to me I would not have been here today in Rank 4 position.

Thanks a lot,
    Ankit Patwari.

Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

Desktop is best, because laptop has some limitation.

Thanks for your opinion Mr Anirban Basu. It is nice to know the opinions of the members of all the members of Bengal Spider.

Thank You,
    Ankit Patwari.

Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

Well its an individual's preference whether he wants to use a laptop or desktop depending upon his work. For me though laptop's has there own limitation, still i prefer laptop more than a desktop.

Pradipta

Hello Pradipta,

Its really good to know about your opinion.
    Thanks a lot for your response.Ankit Patwari.

Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.