You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestions and Feedbacks

Discuss: Do you believe in privatization of Railway?

Today Privatization has become a very common word. Indian Railway has become a part of privatization. Though they are implementing it partially. There may have been many views regarding privatization. This thread is to discuss the opinion poll topic 'Do you believe in privatization of Railway?'.
    There are many negative as well as positive points about privatization of the Indian Railway system.

First of all if railway is under a private company there main motive will be just to earn more and more money so they will not think about the poor and the middle class people whose major way of transportation is railway.

Secondly we will be benefitted in a way as there will be better service by a private company, less corruption, more advanced systems, new luxurious trains and lots more.

Thanks a lot for bringing such a post here,
    Ankit Patwari

Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

Hi Ankit,

As usually I am getting response from you. It seems to be nice to interact with you. Yes you are right. Both positive and negative aspects are there. What I found in my life not only Railway, but any Government Employee seems to do a favor by doing any job for us. It is agreed that Railway has some social commitment, but they cannot deny professional approach.

Yes it is true that Railway journey is much more costlier than other transportation system in developed countries. It is not for mass people.

In today's world with the advancement of technology they should organize the system to help people, not to harras people through their inorganized set up and wrong attitute.

Hopefully with the passage of time we will be able to remove the negative attitute of Indian Railway.

Thanks,
    Debashish Bhattacharya

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.