You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestions and Feedbacks

Discuss: Barabazar in Kolkata should be shifted to clean the City.

This thread is to discuss the opinion poll topic 'Barabazar in Kolkata should be shifted to clean the City'. From several decades this has been a question to all residents of Bengal whether Barabazar should be shifted or not. Really this has become a pain to each and everybody. I need a discussion on it as it may provide a suggestion to the government also.
    I must not say it should be shifted but i should rather say it should get proper management.Baragbazar is one of the old business resource in Bengal.It must not be moved away but should be build the area for its better growth.

Hello Mr Debashish,

This is really a very nice topic you ha posted here. Unfortunately there are not as many responses as deserved for this topic.

Bara Bazar is a very popular area of Bengal. There are many merchants in Bara Bazar dealling from this place. This is the only area in Kolkata which has the prescribed value of the old Kolkata. One can find the old Kolkata in Bara Bazar of Kolkata where we can find the same hand pulled rickshaws. As you said, about shifting of Bara Bazar, in my opinion i wont support your decision. I would rather say about improving the place. The place is very much conjusted, buildings are old, roads are narrow, ll this things create a big problem for the area as well as the state. But the government can take some actions and steps and improve all this.

Thank you,
    Ankit Patwari.

Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.