You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Bengal Updates

Discuss: What is the best career option after Higher Secondary in Bengal?

This thread is to discuss the opinion poll topic 'What is the best career option after Higher Secondary in Bengal?'.

Students after completing their examination always have questions in their mind what to do next. Maximum science students join B-Tech after HS. CA is a popular option for commerce students. There are also other courses like MBA, MCA.
    Hello Subhajit,
    You have opened a nice thread for discuss. Really this types of discussions must help the pass out students of Higher Secondary. In my opinion there are various way to make your career. But one thing is more important that choose your career as your ability. Suppose a student is bad in Physics. But due to his guardian's pressure he take admission in Engineering. But one thing we must think that Engineering is fully based on Physics, So what the student will do when he is bad is this subject. So my opinion for the admission is this. So I have say one thing to the Guardians that never force your son or daughter for taking admission in the courses without his or her willingness. If you want the reason then I have one solution for them that please see "Three Idiots" once.

Regards,
    Ardhendu Narayan Rout
    Member of Bengal Spider
    Editor of Assam Spider
    Join Assam Spider and Earn Good Cash Credits

Hello Mr Subhait,

This thread is quite similar to that of your previous thread which tells us about what to do after giving board exams of class tem
    As I already mentioned in that thread that courses should not be discriminated. A student after passing our their higher secondary exams should go for that course only in which he is interested too. Science students mainly go for B.Tech or B.Sc courses and CA is a popular option for the commerce students. But always this theory should not be implemented. A science student who have his interest in doing business or study with commerce subject or else he wants to become a writer he/she must move on to Commerce or Arts stream respectively.

But I want to add up something, in our state, Bengal, people prefer Science students and students studying engineering or B.Sc rather than B.Com or CA. A medical or an engineering student has got some different social respect and he is preferred everywhere. People take them very lightly one who is studying hard for CA finals or doing B.Com(hons). The reason is not known to me yet. This is the mentality of the people of Bengal. But in my view all are equal and one must select what he is aiming for, do not go under pressure of some one else or about the reputation and image of becoming a science student.

Thanks a lot,
    Ankit Patwari

Regards,
    Ankit Patwari

Hi,

I agree with you friends, but sometimes students did not able to know their area of strength. Sometimes they did not able to fulfill their dream for their financial condition. Ardhendu mention here a nice movie name – '3 idiots'. I also like to mention 'lakshya'. In this movie the hero does not know what he will do in future. This post will to give an idea to them who are not able to find their future.

I missed out a important career option after 12. This is MBBS. Some students prepare for JEE medical after 12th. In West Bengal we have lots of reputed medical colleges.

Regards,
    Subhajit

Hello Subhajit Chatterjee,

As far as I think, every career has the best opportunity if you are worth it. The human society has always had successful gurus, experts and leaders from all spheres of life and all disciplines of education. So whatever we do after the higher secondary, we must try to acquire expertise in that subject. I fervently believe that even in this present day competitive market, there is still good enough chance for skills and expertise in any subject.

The career option should not be decided or imposed objectively. Instead, it should be opted for subjectively, keeping in mind the aptitudes of the student concerned. If anyone has the right combination of vision and execution, I believe that nothing on this earth can stop him or her. Even for the same product, while one vends them in the train compartment, another person might run an international business on the same. So it is a matter of how you visualise and execute it.

Regards,
    Kumaraditya Sarkar

Great words kumaraditya, hope this will help our next generation students. I think they will plan in a different way about their career after reading this post.
    Regards,
    Subhajit

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.