For 7-10 person
Head of Rohu Fish (Rui/Katla): 400 gram
Moong Dal: 3 cups
Potatoes: 400 gram
Tomatoes (chopped): 1 medium size
Onion (paste): 2 medium sizes
Ginger (paste): 10 gram
Garlic (paste): 6 cloves
Turmeric - 1 and a half small spoon
Red Chilli powder - 2 and a half small spoon
Cumin (seed) - 1 small spoon
Bay leaf - 4 medium sizes
Green Cardamom - 3-5
Clove (Lobongo): 3-5
Cinnamon: 1 inch
Salt: around 4 small spoons
Sugar: 1-2 small spoons
Water: 1 cup
Mustard Oil: 200 gram
Ghee: 2 table spoon
1. Break the head of fish into 3-4 parts. Marinate it with some turmeric and salt.
2. Peel of the potatoes and cut into small cube shaped.
3. Now just heat the pan and fry Moong Dal in this dry pan, till it gets golden brown. Now wash this pulse and boiled it. Passed out the water and keep it aside in a plate to dry it.
4. Now take some oil and fry the head of fish into it. Fry till it gets deep brown. Break the head, further into small pieces while frying. After frying keep it aside.
5. Now again take some oil in a fresh pan and fry the potatoes till it get golden brown in colour. Keep it aside.
6. Now take the rest of the oil. Heat it.
7. Add Bay leaves, Cinnamon, Green Cardamom, Clove (Lobongo) and cumin seed and fry it for few seconds. Don't burn it.
8. Add onion, garlic and green paste into it. Fry it for few seconds.
9. Add turmeric, red chilli powder, salt and sugar into it. You may add some drops of water into it. Add tomatoes into it. Then singe it for few minutes until the oil comes out. Again, don't burn it. Try to cook it in medium flame.
10. Add Moong Dal into it and cook it for few minutes in medium flame.
11. Then add the Head of the Fried fish and potatoes into it. Further cook it for few minutes in low flame.
12. Add ghee into it and take it off from the flame.
Serve it with hot rice.
For 7-10 person
More articles: Non Veg Bengali Recipe