Bengali Association in Hong Kong
Bengalese are united in foreign country and not only that they can do some thing for their own country and that is established by the hong kong association of Bengali.
History of Bengal Association in Hong Kong
Actually this association was formed in Dec 1998. this is a Hindu Association embracing Hindu Bengalese of Indian or Bangladeshi origins.
Members of Bengali association in Hong Kong
Bankers, chartered accountants, doctors, engineers (specially IT experts), marine officers and businessmen and the greater part of the professional profile of their community.
Activity of Bengali association in Hong Kong
They also provides a socio-cultural platform to the community which aids in fostering closer ties between its members, enables us to tap the wealth of cultural talent within the community, and also promote artistes from back home by inviting them over, all of which help to make their lives here richer, happier and more fulfilling.
The religious functions are all held at the Hindu Temple in Happy Valley of which their Association is a life-member.
• Saraswati Puja: during spring time, usually in the month of February
• Poila Baisakh (Bengali New Year celebration)
• Bijoya Sammelani (gathering to celebrate the festive period of Bijoya, within a
fortnight of Bijoya Dashami)
• Lakshmi Puja
• Annual Picnic: usually in late December or January, an opportunity for members to embark on a day's outdoor venture including cooking, sports, card games etc.
• Supporting charity work in India: we have enthusiastically responded to appeals arising due to natural calamities and other disasters back home (Orissa cyclone, Gujarat earthquake relief, Tsunami etc), as also helping specific organizations on a regular basis.