St. Xavier's Collegiate School in Kolkata:
In the year 1860 St. Xavier's Collegiate School - Kolkata was established for the developement Catholic boys.St. Xavier's Collegiate School located in 30 Park Street, Kolkata. This is a 150 years old institution with highly dignity and long tradition. The School comprises of both primary and secondary section who gather in inter schoo tournaments in their playgrounds. The quality system of this school is showed in the division of school students in to four houses like Berchmans (yellow), Britto (red), Gonzaga (green), and Loyola (blue). The school is recognised by the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education till Class X. This is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations that conducts ICSE and ISC Examinations for class 10 and 12 respectively. The school remains closed on Thursdays and Sundays. According to the rules of St. Xavier's Collegiate School the primary students are asked to wear white shirts and gray shorts and secondary students are asked to wear white shirt and white trousers. A metal badge with their house name is always attached to them in school. This also offers various career oriented certificate and diploma courses to college students as well as outsiders. Students may choose between ICSE and ISC board with their own choice. The great poet of west bengal Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore is the famous students of this renowned Kolkata School. The library and science laboratories in this school are the famous department in Kolkata. The academic of this school gives their great effort to their students.
Loreto House School, Kolkata:
Loreto House School, Kolkata is established in 1942 on the property of Loreto Sisters who built it only for girls. The campus of this school consists of a High School with a Higher Secondary Dept, a Degree College with a Teacher Training Dept, a Commercial College and also a Vocational training Dept. Loreto College Kolkata began as an extension of the School Department of Loreto House. A few rooms were allotted to school campus and they were prepared privately for the university examinations at which they appeared as non-collegiate students. Since 1975 Loreto House School is following ICSE curriculum. Various types of Extra-curricular Activities like Sports, games, Drama, Elocution, Dance, Art and craft, Quiz competition, Debates etc. This school has always stressed on the all round development of girls. It is managed by the Loreto House Educational Society of Calcutta. It is affiliated to Calcutta University and recognizing by the National Council for Teacher Education in 1998 is one of its great achievement.
Calcutta Boys' School,Kolkata:
In the year 1877 James Mills Thoburn established Calcutta Boys' School,Kolkata. The Calcutta Boys' School of Kolkata initially started its service in Mott Lane, later it was shifted to a building on the Corporation Street. This great achieved institution finally got a building of its own in the year 1893. The school's strength in the mathematics and science faculties is the biggest contribution during the Martin. The contribution to the school's students in to four hoses are Thoburn for red, Warne for gold, Henderson for blue and Laidlaw for green. In 1934 Henderson House converted Pritchard House in Honour of Reverend G.S. Henderson, an eminent pastor of Thoburn Church. Various public events wiyh comptition are organized by the school as well. The School Annual Concert named "Rhapsody" is played very grandly before students and parents. Panorama, the Inter House Athletic Meet is celebrated on every december with the other schools. In August 1912, the school's magazine was first published. Mr Raja McGee now stands witrh the pillar of this school.