Resources » West Bengal Information Articles » Bengal Information
List of Ministers with portfolio in Mamata Banerjee Trinamool Congress Government in West Bengal
After 34 years of Left Front Government a new team will be on job at Writer,s building in Kolkata, West Bengal. See the list of Ministers and their portfolio in Mamata Banerjee,s Trinamool Congress Government in West Bengal. There are few eminent personalities and scholars in Trinamul party who may get berth in cabinet of Mamata banerjee, see details
Writer,s building will be waiting to see new faces as there is a historic change in West Bengal and Trinamul Congress alliance won by a massive margin getting about 75% of total assembly seats. On 20th May Mamata Banerjee will take oath for Chief Minister. It is expected that Mamata banerjee will take oath along with with few others who will be in the Ministry in West Bengal.
It is expected that there will be a medium sized cabinet and Mamata Banerjee will give a place to every sections and every area will almost be represented in Ministry. There are few expectations and probable list of Ministers in Mamata Banerjee Trinamool Congress cabinet is mentioned below. The list does not include MLA,s from Congress party as Congress had not yet decided to be a part of Government in West Bengal.
Ministers of Mamata Banerjee led Trinamool Governemnt in West Bengal
1. Mamata Banerjee - It is expected that major portfolio will be with her and can distribute at the time of expansion of Ministry. Mamata banerjee resigned as Railway Minister and took oath at CM.
Portfolio of Mamata Banerjee - Home, Health, Land and Land Reforms, Agriculture, Information and Cultural Affairs, Hill Affairs, Minority Affairs, Madrasah Education, Personnel and Administrative Reforms, Power.
See complete profile, biography, biodata and education and other articles related to Mamata Banerjee
2. Partho Chatterjee - He is among the vital group of TMC and is considered as brain of the party. His work for the party cannot be overlooked and will get some important Ministry. He was also the leader of opposition in Left Front Government.He won contest from Behala East. Thus both MLA from Behala is expected to be Minister.
Ministry portfolio of Partho Chatetrjee - Industry and Commerce and Parliamentary Affairs, Public Enterprises, Industrial Reconstitution, Information Technology
See complete profile, biography, biodata and education of Partha Chatterjee
3. Manish Gupta - Manish Gupta is well educated and a retired IAS officer with commendable administrative capability. He also served as served as chief secretary under West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee in 2000 - 2001. He defeated Budhhadeb Bhattacharjee in assembly election 2011.
Ministry portfolio of Manish Gupta - He got important portfolio of Development and Planning ministry.
4. Amit Mitra - He is a great scholar and economist and was FICCI chief and chairman of the expert advisory committee. He is basically not from West bengal but was brought by Mamata Banerjee to contest from Kharda assembly constituecy against Finance Minister of Left Front Government Asim Das Gupta.
Ministry portfolio of Manish Gupta - Mamta Banerjee had already introduced Amit Mitra as Finance Minister in her Government during election campaign and being an economist, he may fit the bill. He got ministry of Finance, Excise, Textile.
See complete profile, biography, biodata and education of Amit Mitra
5. Rabiranjan Chattopadhyaya - He is a scholar and a prominent leader from Burdwan and defeated heavyweight of CPM Nirupam Sen from Burdwan South.
Ministry portfolio of Rabiranjan Chattopadhyaya _ He has sworn in as Technical Education and Training, Science and Technology, Biotechnology Minister in West Bengal Government.
6. Firhad Hakim or Bobby Hakim - Muslim votes this time went to TMC and Firhad Hakim being close to her will certainly get a berth in Mambata Banerjee Government.
Ministry portfolio of Firhad Hakim - Municipal Affairs and Urban Development.
See complete profile, biography, biodata and education of Firhad hakim
Apart from that Shikha Mitra, Dibyendu Adhikary, Sujit Basu, Subroto Bakshi are few names which can get Minister,s berth.
If congress agrees to be join the Government, the prominent figure which can be included in Ministry are Manas Bhuiyan and Abhijit Mukherjee who is son of Indian Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee.
Ministry of States in West Bengal
1. Madan Mitra - He has a strong hold in Kolkata and is expected to be very close to Mamata Banerjee and has been very sincere and trusted person to her.
Ministry portfolio of Madan Mitra - He became Minister of states with independent charge for sports.
See complete profile, biography, biodata and education of Madan Mitra
Read related articles: Ministers of West bengal
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Return to Article Index
West Bengal Information Guide
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...