Resources » Travel Information » Place to Visit in Bengal
Weekend picnic spots near Kolkata in Howrah and Hooghly
Looking for weekend tourist destinations or picnic spots near Kolkata within 100-150 km? Explore some great picnic spots near Kolkata in Howrah and Hooghly districts.
Picnic spots in Hooghly or Howrah near Kolkata are just great places for family or office group outing in this coming winter. There are some great picnic spots near Kolkata within 100-150 kms which are not so much overcrowded, and can serve as great weekend trip destinations. From Kolkata, you can visit a lot of picnic spots in the Howrah and Hooghly districts, within 200 km of Kolkata that can be plied in one day.
There are several great weekend trip destinations and picnic spots in Hooghly district near Kolkata, which can be travelled within one day. Chandannagar, earlier a French colony, offers some great picnic spots. In Hooghly district, the Hangseshwari Temple of Bansberia, Bandel Church, terracotta temples of Routpara and Rajbalhat are some very popular weekend tourist spots or picnic spots in Hooghly within 100 kilometres of Kolkata. On the other hand, if you like the serenity of the horizon mingling with wide rivers, or migratory birds on tranquil water-bodies, Howrah can offer you some great weekend tourist destinations near Kolkata. No wonder that popular picnic spots in Howrah like Gadiara, Garchumuk, Fuleshwar, Santragachi lake, and Shibpur Botanical Garden are some of the most popular tourist destinations near Kolkata.
Weekend trip destinations & picnic spots in Hooghly district
- Chandannagar picnic spots: A former French colony, there are some great picnic spots in Chandannagar in Hooghly district, within 100 kms of Kolkata. You can also enjoy the beauty of the Chandannagar strand along the river Ganges.
- Terracotta temples, Routpara: Did you know that the largest terracotta panel in the entire West Bengal lies in a rather remote village?
- Aqua Marina Water Park Hooghly: Just 1 km from Hooghly station in the Howrah Burdwan main line, Hooghly Aqua Marina Water Park is a great picnic spot near Kolkata within 40-50 km of Kolkata.
- Guptipara, Hooghly: Some of the best terracotta temples of Bengal are located in Hooghly Guptipara. It was also the first place to start community Durga Puja. At a distance of 80 km, Guptipara is a great weekend picnic spot within 100 km of Kolkata.
- Dasghara, Hooghly: Does history excite you? Spend some quality time watching the beautiful terracotta temples of Dasghara on a day trip to Hooghly. The Gopinath Temple, and a picturesque garden of the colonial times are some of the major tourist attractions of Dasghara.
- Tarakeshwar Temple, Hooghly: The Tarakeshwar Temple perhaps needs to introduction for Bengalis. The home of a sacred shrine of Lord Siva, Tarakeshwar can be an ideal place for night-stay during your weekend tour at Hooghly.
- Kamarpukur and Jairambati: Kamarpukur, Sri Ramkrishna's birthplace, and Jairambati, that of his wife Sarada Devi, are two internationally famous tourist spots. Kamarpukur-Kolkata road distance is within 100 km, and can be a great weekend destination from Kolkata.
- Suakhal Rajhat picnic spot in Hooghly: Suakhal Rajhat, near Adi Saptagram and Mogra, is a great family picnic spot in Hooghly district. The toy train, wonder park, energy education park and energy drum are some of the special attractions for children.
Picnic spots in Howrah, within 100-150 kilometres of Kolkata
- Gadiara picnic spot: Gadiara is a well known picnic spot in Howrah, on the confluence of three rivers Damodar, Hooghly and Rupnarayan.
- Garchumuk (58 Gate) picnic spot: 58 Gate or Garchumuk is a popular picnic spot in Howrah district. Kolkata-Garchumuk (58 Gate) road distance is about 60 kilometres.
- Deulti picnic spot, Howrah: On the banks of the river Rupnarayan, a picnic at Deulti can be a great escape from the hectic city life. Learn more about this great picnic spot in Howrah near Kolkata here.
Do you know more good picnic spots in Hooghly-Howrah? Inform us by posting a response below.
Read related articles: Picnic Spots
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Return to Article Index
West Bengal Information Guide
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...