Top 5 winter picnic spots in Nadia, west Bengal
Cold winters are the perfect time to arrange picnics with friends and family as this add to the charm of basking under the sun. It gives an opportunity to spend some quality time out together from the rigmarole of regular life. This article describes about the top five interesting winter picnic spots in the Nadia district of West Bengal. Besides, it also explains about the special characteristic features of each of these places.
The clear sky above, the gushing cold winds penetrating the bones and the morning dew all giving you the same repeated message – "Winter is back on!" Yes, you are in that part of the year, when the sun overhead seems pleasant and all you need to do is to take out some time to move along with your friends and dear ones to a nearby suitable picnic spot.
Top picnic spots in the Nadia district of West Bengal
Nadia is one ancient district of the state West Bengal with Krishnanagar as its head quarter. It divides into Krishnanagar, Tehatta, Ranaghat and Kalyani. It connects well to the rail and bus routes. Known for its historic temples, mosques and forts this place is an ideal picnic spot for the visitors. Let us check some of the interesting picnic spots in the district of Nadia:
- The Kalyani Picnic Garden: It locates near the Kalyani Station surrounded in the dense plantation of trees. The entry fee for the garden ranges from RS 10 to RS 15. However, you need to pay the picnic spot fee extra. Since cooking utensils allowed in the garden you may carry those from home or hire them here. Take care to support cleanliness and hygiene at this place For youngsters and the children the "Children's Corner" is an ideal place to have the fun on the swings, slides, etc. A ten minutes walk from here could take you to the banks of the holy river Ganges.
- The Kalyani Lake: One of the best picnic spots under the Kalyani municipality in Nadia is the Kalyani lake. To reach there, you have to board a train from the Sealdah Station and get down at the Kalyani station. From here, hire an auto or rickshaw to reach the spot. The entry fee ranges from RS 10 to RS 15 per head. Suitable arrangements available for cooking and eating. Besides, this place is full of activities and entertainments. You may take part in boating, sport fishing or relaxing in the open top restaurants. A place of beauty where you can sit, relax and move around in the open green carpet of mother nature.
- Nabadwip: The word, "Nabadwip" means nine islands. Since, the place consists of nine islands, hence, is the name. Mayapur is one of those nine islands. Lord Krishna and Radha are the divinities of most of the temples. This place is popular because of Sri Chaitanya who attained salvation here. He taught and preached that worshiping or singing in praise of Lord Krishna is the way to salvation.
- The Bethuadahari wildlife sanctuary: It locates150 Kilometers away from Kolkata and covers an area of around 170 Kilometers. This wildlife sanctuary prohibits any arrangement for a picnic or similar activities inside its boundaries. Moreover, the strict laws does not allow you to take food and eatables inside the park. This understandable considering the best interest of the wildlife breathing and breeding here. However, this does not limit you from arranging picnics outside the premises of the wild park. So cook, have fun and if you get time in between enter the park by paying a nominal entry fee of RS 15 to RS 20. Flocks of Deers and python have made this park famous. However, tortoise, mongoose, monkeys, rabbits and a variety of snakes would also greet you inside. Moreover, thick growth of bamboo, sal and teak trees cover the forest. From the Sealdah station board a train and get down at the Bethuadahari station. From here, rickshaws, trekkers and buses are available to take you to the place.
- Dignagar.: This is an ancient village with historical importance. This place is well-known for Gurudeb, who once came here and wrote great poems about the beauty, peace and prosperity of the place. Still, it is more prosperous and culturally richer than any of the other villages around. Lush green fields, chirping of birds and two ancient historic temples are its main attractions. Locating at a distance around 100 kilometers away from Kolkata, this a perfect place for arranging picnics. This place is still unknown to the people, but it would develop as one of the best picnic spots in Nadia soon.